Commercial Air Duct Cleaning — Since 1952
In all types of commercial buildings, the buildup of dust, bacteria, molds, and other contaminants in the building’s HVAC system and ductwork is a problem that is often ignored. Dirty air ducts and other HVAC components, however, can create costly issues for occupants of the building. Constantly circulating dust, mold, pollen, and even disease-causing microorganisms can lead to reduced employee productivity, illness, tenant dissatisfaction, or even drive customers and clients away from your business. Dirty HVAC systems and ductwork are the most common cause of Sick Building Syndrome.
Sick Building Syndrome can cause a variety of acute health problems in affected buildings. Often, they’re not identifiable diseases, but when occupants don’t feel their best, due to allergies and other respiratory conditions, attendance, efficiency, and well-being suffer. Offices, apartment buildings, schools, hotels, warehouses, shops, and other commercial buildings where molds, pollen, bacteria, viruses, and odors circulate and accumulate in ductwork suffer frequently from this problem.
Fortunately, proper cleaning of heating, cooling, and ventilation ductwork can eliminate the problem simply and economically. When the contamination is gone, productivity and satisfaction return. Air Care Services is the best cleaning company in the Chicagoland area, we specialize in commercial air duct cleaning, and have the right equipment, experienced technicians and expertise to improve your building’s indoor air quality.
Commercial Duct Cleaning — The Process
Grills and vents:
- All grills, diffusers, registers and vents are marked, taken down and washed
- After cleaning, the grills, diffusers, registers and vents are all replaced
- Crawling through the ductwork, either by brushing, scraping and vacuuming all surfaces, cleans all large return and supply ductwork
- For smaller ductwork, access holes are cut. The technicians then use special tools and brushes to clean the ducts
- Access holes are re-sealed with new sheet-metal patches, and attached with sheet-metal screws.
- All areas are tarped to protect the area below the duct system.
Roof Top and Air Handling Units:
- Air intakes, louvers and plenums are brushed and vacuumed to remove dust, dirt, soot, grease and other foreign material
- Heating and cooling coils are vacuumed, and either air washed or washed with a coil cleaner
- Fans and housings are brushed and vacuumed, and either air washed or washed with a coil cleaner
Commercial Air Duct Services Chicago
If you’re interested in residential cleaning, visit our Residential Duct Cleaning page!