Why Invest in Dryer Vent Cleaning Services | Downers Grove
Cleaning your dryer vent isn’t just a way to keep your unit working properly, it also helps protect your home and family from a fire.
According to the National Fire Protection Association, from 2010–2014 roughly 15,970 home fires involving clothes dryers or washing machines were responded to by U.S. municipal fire departments each year.
Additionally, from 2014-2018, local fire departments responded to an estimated average of 13,820 home structure fires per year involving dryers. These fires resulted in $233 million in direct property damage annually.
Many dryer fires start when lint, dust, or fiber ignites. These things accumulate in your dryer unit and the vent when regular cleanings aren’t conducted.
Professional dryer vent cleaning is necessary to prevent debris build-up and protect your home or commercial property from a fire. Dryer vent and duct cleaning services also help keep your unit running efficiently, and your clothes from being damaged.
Contact our dryer vent cleaners in Downers Grove today to ensure your dryer is safe and functional.
Signs It’s Time to Get Your Dryer Vent Cleaned
You might notice your dryer acts up when it’s time to schedule a professional dryer vent cleaning. You might also just notice there’s lint build-up on your clean clothes.
Some signs it’s time to call Air Care Services for dryer vent cleaning in Downers Grove include:
- You need to run more than one cycle to dry your clothes completely
- The laundry room gets hot when the dryer is on
- You notice a burning smell when you run the dryer
- Your clothes are coming out hot to the touch
- Your clothes are coming out wet or damp
- You notice excessive lint in the lint trap
- You find lint build-up by the dryer vent outside your home
- The outdoor vent is damaged or clogged
- Your clothes smell musty
- The dryer unit itself feels hot
- Your dryer is running longer cycles than normal
- It’s been a long time since you had the dryer duct system cleaned
Don’t ignore the warning signs- When you need reliable dryer vent cleaning in Downers Grove, IL, call Air Care Services!
Can I Clean the Dryer Vent Myself?
Dryer vent cleaning is an important part of home maintenance. Many homeowners wonder if they can complete the task themselves.
While you can tackle this process on your own, it can be dangerous and there’s no good way of knowing whether you got all the lint out. You could also potentially worsen lint clogs or even damage your dryer.
Air Care Services uses special equipment to clean your dryer vent system thoroughly and efficiently. Our professionals also know how to determine if the system is fully cleared out without damaging your dryer or ductwork.
Call us today and allow our trained technicians to perform a seamless cleaning process and improve your home’s efficiency.
How Often Should You Clean Your Dryer Vent?
There is no clear-cut schedule for how often you should clean your dryer vent. The umbrella recommendation is that you should schedule a cleaning once a year. Other factors to consider when determining how often to clean your dryer vent include:
- The distance between your dryer and the vent located outside
- The number of turns the pipe makes on its way to the outside location
- If your pipe leads outside through the roof or through the side of your home
- How many dryers you have
- How often you use your dryer
- Is the dryer for a residential or commercial property
- How many pets do you have
If it’s been at least a year since your dryer vent was cleaned, it’s time to schedule a service. Contact the team at Air Care Services today!
At Air Care Services, we provide professional residential and commercial dryer vent cleaning in Downers Grove. We service the following types of dryer units:
- Home Dryers
- Commercial Dryers
- Condo Complex Dryer Units
- Town-Home Association Dryer Units
- High-Rise Dryer Units
We also provide Multi-Unit Discounts. This way, you can save when making sure your property’s dryer vent system is working properly and occupants are safe.
Contact Us Today to Schedule A Service Appointment
Are you looking for a reliable dryer vent cleaning company in Downers Grove? Contact Air Care Services at (630) 963-2099 or fill out our online form for a free estimate. Our professionals are here to make sure your dryer vent system remains free of lint and debris so you can use your dryer safely.
You can also rely on us for thorough air duct cleaning in Downers Grove, IL, kitchen exhaust cleaning, and more!