What To Expect With Clean Ducts
If you have recently received maintenance to clean your ducts, what can you now expect? After our air duct service in Chicago is completed, you should notice a difference in about three days. Remember that the average household will track in roughly 2 to 3 pounds of dirt a week, and will create 30 pounds of dust per year in your household. In order to reduce the number of deposits and contaminants in your ducts, here are some helpful hints on keeping your ducts clean.
- Invest In A Quality Air Filter For Your Furnace: This can help keep the air quality in your home in good and healthy shape. If you already have one, make sure you clean the filter every 30 days.
- Vacuum To Dust: When cleaning your home, vacuum before you dust. After you have dusted high spots and vacuumed the entire area, you can finish dusting what you missed.
- Don’t Run Your Furnace With Open Windows And Doors: Never run your furnace fan with the windows and doors open because it can increase your dust accumulation.
- If you have a cold air return near a fireplace, cover it when burning a fire
- Clean Yearly: You should be cleaning all the floor and wall registers once a year. In addition to this, vacuum down the ducts yearly to keep your home circulating clean air. Keep the cold air returns dusted off whenever you see dust accumulation begin.
- Maintenance Checks: Have your furnace and air conditioner cleaned and checked every two years by a professional. Have your ducts cleaned once every three to five years.
Controlling Air Pollution
Compiled from publications including the EPA, here are more ways your family can control air pollution such as chemicals, molds, and dust mites in your home.
- Never use a gas oven to heat your home
- Never cook with charcoal inside the home
- Make sure your stove is properly vented and not leaking
- If you smoke, use one room that is properly vented outside your home
- Fix water leaks, seepage problems, and throw out any damaged items
- Wash your bedding often in hot water
- Keep shower curtains clean and install bathroom exhaust fans
- Clean refrigerator and humidifier drain pans
- Change or clean heating and air conditioning filters on a timely basis
- Do not mix chemical cleaners
- Provide ample ventilation when using paints, solvents, and chemical cleaners
- Have air conditioning appliances cleaned and serviced regularly
Call us today to Schedule a FREE Estimate at 855-DUCT-GUY (630-963-2099). All of our team members are certified by our industry’s leading professional organization: The National Air Duct Cleaners Association. Any of our technicians that come to work in your home and clean your air ducts is a person who adheres to the NADCA Code of Ethics industry protocol and receives ongoing professional education to stay up-to-date with the latest cleaning methods. Your ducts will be clean when one of our technicians is done with the job. Contact Air Care Services to see how we can help maintain your residential and commercial air ducts!