Dryer vent cleaning in Chicago isn’t just about appliance maintenance, it’s also an essential safety measure. At Air Care Services, we work to prolong the life of your dryer and protect your home.
Why Dryer Vent Cleaning is Important
You might think having your dryer vent cleaned is all about prolonging the life and efficiency of your dryer. However, without scheduling regular dryer vent cleaning services, you could be putting your home and family at risk.
According to the National Fire Protection Association, U.S. municipal fire departments responded to roughly 15,970 home fires involving clothes dryers or washing machines each year from 2010–2014. Local fire departments also responded to an estimated average of 13,820 home structure fires involving dryers each year from 2014-2018. These fires resulted in $233 million in annual property damage.
Fires linked to dryers usually start because flammable debris like dust, fiber, and lint accumulate in the unit and vent system. Regular dryer vent cleanings help remove this build-up before an emergency occurs.
If you own a home in Chicago, dryer vent cleaning is essential. Often, people use their dryer almost every day. You can imagine the level of debris that collects in the vent and the unit itself if it’s never cleaned. Scheduling a professional cleaning with Air Care Services can help protect your home from a fire.
Additionally, dryer vent cleaning can elongate the life of your unit and keep it running at optimal efficiency. A dryer that doesn’t receive proper maintenance can damage your clothing or leave clean loads of laundry smelling musty.
Signs You Should Schedule A Dryer Vent Cleaning Service
If you notice things that make you wonder if your dryer is working as well as it should, chances are the issue stems from a dirty dryer vent. Some signs your dryer vent needs cleaning can include:
- More than one drying cycle is required to dry clothes completely
- The dryer emits heat while running, raising the temperature in the room
- A burning smell fills the room while the dryer is running
- Laundry is coming out wet or damp after a cycle
- Laundry is coming out hot to the touch after a cycle
- The lint trap is overflowing
- There is lint gathered near the dryer vent outside your home
- Your clothes smell musty
- The dryer unit feels hot to the touch
- The outdoor vent is damaged or clogged
- Drying cycles are taking longer than normal
- The dryer vent system hasn’t been cleaned in over a year
For top quality, efficient dryer vent cleaning in Chicago, IL, contact Air Care Services!
Dryer Vent Cleaning – Can You Do It Yourself?
If you are a homeowner in Chicago, you might be wondering if you really need a professional to clean your dryer vent. While you can certainly take on the task yourself, it’s difficult to be certain that you’ve gotten all the lint out of the system. You may also inadvertently worsen clogs or damage your dryer unit.
The professionals at Air Care Services are highly experienced in dryer vent cleaning. We utilize special equipment to get the job done right. Our technicians know how to properly conduct a thorough vent system cleaning without damaging your ductwork or dryer unit.
We’re your source for trusted dryer vent maintenance in Chicago and the nearby suburbs. Call us at (630) 963-2099 to schedule an appointment with our trained professionals.
How Frequently Does Your Dryer Vent Need Cleaning?
Many people ask, How often should you clean your dryer vent? We recommend cleaning your dryer vent at least once a year. However, some factors to consider when scheduling this type of service include the following:
- The number of dryers in your home or commercial property
- How far the outdoor vent is from your dryer
- How often you run your dryer
- If you have any pets or not
- How the vent system reaches the outside, through the roof or the side of the building
- The number of turns the pipe makes on its way to the outdoor vent
- If the dryer is installed in a commercial or residential property
Contact the team at Air Care Services today if your dryer is overdue for a vent cleaning in Chicago!
Our Dryer Vent Cleaning Services
We offer professional dryer vent cleaning for both residential and commercial properties across Chicagoland. We service the following types of dryer units:
- Town-Home Association Dryer Units
- Condo Complex Dryer Units
- High-Rise Dryer Units
- Home Dryers
- Commercial Dryers
We also provide Multi-Unit Discounts so you can ensure your property’s dryer system is safe and fully operational without breaking the bank.
Contact Us to Schedule A Dryer Vent Cleaning in Chicago
Are you noticing signs that indicate it’s time to schedule a dryer vent cleaning? Call (630) 963-2099 to schedule a service appointment, or fill out our online form for a free estimate. We work to ensure your vent system is clean and your dryer is safe to use at all times.