Air Ducts. We all have them, but we rarely think of them. The truth is they are the way that all air comes into our home or office and it is important to pay attention to their condition so you are getting the cleanest air possible for your family or customers. If you are looking for air duct services in Westmont, the professionals at Air Care Services has many years experience and certified technicians to clean your home or businesses air ducts.
How to Prevent Air Duct Contamination
There are several things you can do to prevent air particles from accumulating in your home’s air ducts.
- Vacuum – Regular sweeping and vacuuming can prevent the buildup of dust throughout your home.
- Swap Carpets for wood flooring – Although carpets can be comfortable, they can trap many contaminants like pollen, pet and human hair, and dust. Wood floors are much easier to clean and do not trap the dust like a carpeted floor does.
- Air Purifiers – There are many stand alone air purifiers that can be added to high traffic rooms in your home. These air purifiers suck in the air in the room, filter out pollutants and circulate fresh air.
- Change your bedding – Washing and changing your bedding regularly will eliminate hair and dandruff or skin cells from being circulated in your home.
- Mop the floors – Sweeping floors can often push dust around rather than trap it. A wet mop is able to trap the dust on the mop and prevent it from re-circulating around the home.
- Regularly brush your pets – Pets produce a lot of dander and air pollutants due to their hair. Brushing them regularly and prevent hair and skin cells from spreading through your Westmont home.
- Clean vents – Clean the floor vents in your home regularly so any dust that is trapped on them does not blow through your home.
- Don’t wear shoes in your home – Shoes can transport outside air contaminants into your home. It is important to remove your shoes when you enter your home.
- Use Roller Blinds – Roller Blinds collect less dust than other types of blinds with wood slats.
- Purchase HEPA Filters for Your Air Ducts. HEPA Filters on your air vents can prevent dust from circulating through your home.
What is involved in Air Duct Cleaning in Westmont?
When your Westmont home is ready for an Air Duct Cleaning, the professionals at Air Care Service can walk you through the process. Depending on the size of your home it can take three to five hours to clean. The process begins with the thorough cleaning of all vent coverings. After that, an industrial strength vacuum is attached to your air ducts and all particles are sucked out of the ducts. You will notice cleaner air and less dust in your home.
Contact Air Care Services today for an appointment in your Westmont home at 630-963-2099 or to learn more about air duct services.