Dryer vents inevitably accumulate lint and dust, and if they are not cleaned regularly, they can become fire hazards. According to the National Fire Protection Association, local fire departments responded to an estimated average of 13,820 residential fires per year in which dryers were involved between 2014-2018.
When it comes to dryer fires, the first items that usually ignite are lint, dust, and fibers that accumulate in the vent. This is why keeping your dryer vent clean is so important, as it can help protect your home and family.
Our Dryer Vent Cleaning Services in Naperville, IL
At Air Care Services, we provide professional dryer vent cleaning in Naperville, affordable air duct cleaning in Naperville, and even exhaust system cleaning. Our goal is to keep your home running efficiently and safe for you and your family. This is why we offer the following cleaning solutions:
- Traditional Dryer Vent Cleaning – Removes lint, dust, and other debris build-up that clogs dryer vents. This protects against fires, prevents mold and mildew growth, bad odors, poor unit efficiency, and higher energy bills.
- Bird Nest & Animal Removal – If an animal is living in your dryer duct, it can cause a number of problems. Some of these include poor unit efficiency, lint build-up, and damage to ductwork.
- Commercial Dryer Vent Cleaning – If you own a commercial property or business, clogged dryer vents can pose the same risks as they do in a home. Without professional dryer vent cleaning, customers, staff, tenants, and merchandise could be at risk.
- Air Care Services works on all types of properties, including:
- Townhome Associations
- High-Rise Buildings
- Other Commercial & Residential Properties
Air Care Services offers discounts for multiple unit services.
If you believe your dryer vent needs cleaning, are unsure of the last time it was cleaned, or would like an inspection performed by professionals, call us at (630) 963-2099 today!
Signs It’s Time to Clean Your Dryer Vent
If you’re unsure whether or not it’s time to clean a dryer vent in Naperville, IL, watch for the following signs your dryer vent needs cleaning:
- Clothes are taking a long time to dry, or you need to run the dryer more than once to dry one load of laundry
- Clothes are coming out damp
- Higher energy bills
- The room heats up when the dryer is running
- Clothes feel hot to the touch when you take them out of the dryer (indicates overheating)
- Burning smells
- Outdoor lint flap isn’t opening
- Lint falling from the vent outside
- Over a year has passed since the last cleaning
- The dryer stops working entirely/shuts off due to overheating
- An alert in the form of an error code shows up or a warning light turns on (for newer, advanced units)
- The lint filter is constantly full
- Musty odor when the dryer is running
- Clothes smell musty
If you’re seeing any of the above signs, it could indicate your dryer vent is clogged and it’s time to schedule a cleaning with our professionals. At Air Care Services, we offer free estimates online and fast, dependable service!
Carbon Monoxide Build-Up
Another reason to invest in dryer vent cleaning is to protect your home from carbon monoxide build-up. If you use a gas dryer, which many people do, then it’s vital to your health and safety to have the vent cleaned annually.
This is because the fumes emitted by gas dryers escape through the vents. If a vent is clogged, carbon monoxide can leak into the home. Carbon monoxide poisoning can cause a number of health issues and death.
Air Care Services for Dryer Vent Cleaning Near Naperville, IL
Naperville dryer vent cleaning services can help keep your dryer running longer, more efficiently, and protect your home from a fire and against carbon monoxide poisoning.
If you’re in the market for dryer vent cleaning, air duct cleaning, or exhaust system cleaning, Air Care Services has you covered! Contact us online for dryer vent services in Naperville, IL, or call us at (630) 963-2099 today.